Planning Ahead for August
Looking forward and planning ahead for August. Hopefully the weather will be warm and sunny to help drive sales. Public holidays across the UK on 31st August and 3rd August in Scotland are always good for turnover.
Also worth noting is back to school planning. Towards the end of the month families start to think about what’s needed for returning to school – see non-food section below.
The coming events always give rise to family sharing, outdoor dining & activities. Retailers should plan ahead for sales growth in the following areas.
- Salad dressings and mayo
- Condiments & pickles
- Canned tuna
- Canned cold meats
- Ketchup, brown sauce & burger mustard
- Soft drinks and juices. Bigger packs and multi-packs
- Mixer drinks
- Crisps and nuts. Multi-packs and family sharing bags
- Popcorn – massive growth trend.
- Back to school: one-shot fruit based drinks – low or no sugar. Also healthy snacking such as dried fruit packs and fruit & nut bars.
- Beer & lager. Multi-packs and larger sizes
- Cider. Multi-packs and larger sizes.
- Sparkling wine
- Rose wine
- Cocktail mixers.
- Gin & vodka.
- Salads & cooked meat.
- Pork pies, sausage rolls and scotch eggs.
- Party foods, olives and dips
- Bacon & eggs
- Fresh burgers and sausages
- Cheese slices
- Fresh cream and UHT cream.
- Fruit juices
- Fresh strawberries.
- Soft Fruits
- Fresh salad items: tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers
- Bread rolls
- Burger & hot dog rolls
- Danish pastries & croissants.
- Part-baked bread & rolls
- Fruit pies and outdoor eating cakes
- Impulse ice creams and lollies
- Take home ice cream
- Vegetables and roast potatoes
- Yorkshire puddings
- Burgers and sausages
- Chicken portions for Bbq
- Party food
- Ice and ice cubes.
Household & Toiletries
- Foil and cling film
- Refuse sacks
- Bin liners
- Hay fever remedies
- Digestion remedies
- Paper tableware & napkins
- Disposable cups and glasses
- Bar accessories
- Straws and drinks stirrers
- Bbq items, charcoal, fire lighters and lighter fuel
- Back to school: stationery, protractor sets, pens, pencils, felt tips, rulers, rubbers, pencil cases, files, lunch boxes, juice bottles and school bags
A brilliant month of sales in prospect. Good trading to everyone!
Start a discussion of this article