May & June Trading Opportunities
- Spring bank holiday Monday 29th May.
- Ramadan starts 27th May
- Fathers Day 18th June
The weather should be warmer encouraging more outdoor dining – especially barbeques! The bank holiday will generate more family occasions, days out and (of course) picnics. Consumers will be looking to stock up on all the necessary food and drink. Expect to experience an increase in sales on the following: -
- Soft drinks, juices & waters.
- Beer & cider multi-packs. Bear in mind that the market is moving to low and zero alcohol products in these categories.
- Portable wines – boxes and 187ml sizes.
- Fresh salads, cooked meat, pork pies, cream, bread rolls
- Crisps, tortillas, snacks & dips.
- Sausages and burgers for barbeques
- Bread rolls, cheese slices, ketchup, bbq sauces and salad dressings.
- Fruit pies and outdoor eating cakes.
- Frozen party food, desserts, impulse ice creams and ice.
- Charcoal, lighter fluid, fire lighters, foil wrap & cling, disposable cups/glasses, straws, table covers and napkins.
- Hay fever remedies.
This event is growing in popularity and there are a number of categories that enjoy growth as a result.
- Men’s toiletries – particularly shaving and skin care.
- Beer & cider
- Sparkling wine
- Bar accessories
- Greetings cards & wrapping paper.
Expect to see growth in the following areas
- Canned chickpeas and tomatoes.
- Large bottles of carbonate drinks and multi-pack crisps.
- Desserts (Angel Delight, trifles), jellies, custard, evaporated/condensed milk & UHT single cream.
- Fresh mangoes and dates.
Join in the discussion of this article