Plan Ahead for Easter
Easter weekend is the big trading opportunity for small stores. Large stores must be closed all day on Easter Sunday. Those small stores with less than 280 square metres of sales floor space can trade unopposed. This year Easter weekend starts on Good Friday 14th April and trades through the Sunday (16/04) and the Monday (17/04). This is a great sales opportunity with the consumers’ emphasis on family, sharing and with maybe an eye on the warmer spring-like weather. Categories to plan for growth are:-
- Salad dressings & mayo.
- Condiments & pickles
- Canned fish – especially tuna.
- Canned cold meats
- Desserts, jellies, custards & trifle ingredients.
- Soft drinks, juices, water – all bigger packs.
- Sharing sizes of crisps, snacks and nuts.
- Mixer drinks
- Confectionery – obviously Easter Eggs and box chocolates.
- Salads, coleslaw, dips, cooked meats & pork pies.
- Fresh cream.
- Bread rolls, fruit pies and outdoor eating cakes.
- Part baked breads.
- Impulse ice creams & ice
- Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, vegetables
- Party food & snacking
- Beer & lager – bigger packs
- Sparkling wine
- Easter greetings cards
- Paper tableware, napkins, straws & cork screws
- Refuse sacks, cling film and foil.
- Charcoal, quick bbq solutions, firelighters & matches.
Join in the discussion of this article