Fresh & Frozen Christmas Opportunities
As we are fast approaching Christmas and New Year, the forward planning focuses more to the fresh & frozen ranges. The many of areas for opportunity are highlighted below. Frozen is a great option as it carries less risk than the short-life fresh products. As with grocery the focus is on “last minute” and “distress purchasing.”
- Dips, olives and party food.
- Pork pies & cocktail sausage rolls.
- Bacon. This includes streaky and small bacon joints, which could see a sales spike.
- Sausages including cocktail sausages & sausage meat
- Cooked ham.
- Fruit juice
- Fresh double & single cream
- UHT double & single cream
- Brandy Butter
- Cheese: blue stilton, camembert & brie.
- Butter & spreads
- Peas, sprouts & carrots
- Roast potatoes and parsnips
- Cocktail sausages & sausage meat.
- Sausage rolls (cocktail size)
- Party snack foods
- Gateaux & desserts
- Block family serving ice cream
- Frozen bread & rolls
- Mince pies
- Christmas puddings
- Stolen and stolen variants
- Part –baked bread & rolls
- Carrots, sprouts, parsnips
- Roasting potatoes
- Lemons & limes
- Nuts in shell: walnuts and brazils.
- Monkey Nuts
- Christmas bunches - red mixes.
- Christmas house plants
Join in the discussion of this article