Looking Ahead to April
Spring will hopefully be well established in April and we can look forward to an increase in the warm weather related products. Two bank holidays will help drive sales: Easter Sunday/Monday 21&22/04 and the lead up to May bank holiday on 06/05. We also have Mother’s Day on 31/03 and the Jewish Passover on 19/04. As always during holiday times expect to experience an increase in the sales of family sized, multi and sharing packs. Subject to weather, there may be a shift towards outdoor living products such as charcoal. This should be a great month and sales in the following areas should experience uplift.
- Salad dressings and mayo.
- Condiments and pickles.
- Canned tuna.
- Canned cold meats.
- Desserts, jellies and custard.
- Evap milk and cream.
- Sunday roast lunch condiments
- Gravy mixes, breadcrumbs and stuffing mixes.
- Soft drinks, juices and water – larger sizes and multi-packs.
- Mixer drinks and alcohol accompaniments
- Crisps and snacks – more sharing packs
- Luxury and gifting chocolate
- Easter eggs and related confectionery
- Beer and cider. Larger packs and multi-packs
- Rose wine, light whites and casual drinking wines.
- Sparkling wine & champagnes
- Salads and cooked meats.
- Pork pies and sausage rolls
- Fresh dips and olives
- Sausages and bacon
- Fresh cream
- UHT cream
- Fruit juice
- Fresh produce: tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce. Also roast dinner related items: potatoes, parsnips, broccoli, sprouts & carrots
- Hot cross buns
- Fresh bread rolls.
- Fruit pies and outdoor eating cakes
- Part baked bread and rolls.
- Celebration cakes
- Frozen Food
- Vegetables and roast potatoes.
- Yorkshire puddings
- Party foods
- Burgers and sausages
- Desserts and gateaux
- Bread & rolls
- Ice Cubes
- Impulse ice cream
- Cling film, foils, wrap and bags
- Refuse sacks
- Paper tableware
- Disposable cups and glassware
- Bar accessories
- Charcoal and lighter products
- Barbeque items
Mother’s Day 31/03
This event is increasing in popularity every year and these categories should respond.
- Affordable luxury chocolate items and box chocolates.
- Sparkling wine & champagne. Prosecco is always a winner.
- Greetings cards
- Fresh Flowers. Check out the Store Excel supplier directory for supply options for flowers & cards.
- Celebration cakes.
- Low cost toiletries for gifts.
Enjoy the shift to warmer weather and good trading!
Join in the discussion of this article